Some of you know, but I’m on Amazon’s exclusive Vine Review team and an Affiliate Member. I love me some Amazon. My entire household is fueled by Amazon’s convenience and efficiency. So – when Prime Day bombed in 2015… I was almost offended. My team had embarrassed me.
However, they made major changes and Prime Day 2016 was the biggest day ever for Amazon. Customer orders grew +60% worldwide and more than 50% in the U.S.
A few weeks ago, someone asked me if Prime Day was going to be “worth it” this year. It reminded me to check my email because Amazon had sent me “insider” information.
In 2017, they’ve told us there will be:
- 6 more hours to shop for a total of 30 hours of deals
- More “Tier 1” deals than last year, including deals on all Amazon devices
- More inventory on hottest deals (not random crap like 2015)
They even have “Pre-Deals” you can start purchasing early around 9:00 ET (so 6:00pm in California).
I looked through the deals they sent me and picked ones I felt worth mentioning. Some of them weren’t worth my energy or yours. Check them out below.
But first… “Prime Day” Basics:
- You need to be a Prime Member. Rather obvious…but if you aren’t a member….you should start your free trial today to see the deals.
- The “pre-deals” start tonight at 9:00 ET / 6:00pm PT
- New deals will be posted every five minutes for 30 hours until 3 a.m. ET on July 12.
- Download the Amazon app. It sounds like they’ve made it easier to track deals this Prime Day.
- Disclaimer: Obviously – if you were already planning on purchasing these items…Prime Day makes sense. But don’t use this as an excuse to sabotage your monthly budget and be a knucklehead.
Here are the most anticipated deals I felt were worth considering:
- Amazon Echo for $89.99– ($50 less than Black Friday 2016 and $40 less than Prime Day 2016)
- Amazon Echo Dot for $34.99
- Baby Registry – $100 credit towards diapers and wipes: Ummmm….what? THIS deal would have been great when I was setting up my own baby registries. I used Amazon for all 3 of my baby’s registry. I’ve never seen this promotion before…so if you’re pregnant and considering setting up a registry with Amazon…this is a sweet deal.
- Trade in your old Kindle : Get up to $35 credit towards a new Kindle when you send Amazon your old one. They even accept broken ones!
- Amazon Music Unlimited for $0.99 for four months (This is pretty sweet considering it works nicely with the ECHO) You can do the free trial for 30 days…but why not spend .99 and get 4 months?
- Fire Tablets : Starting at $49
- Kindle Paperwhite for $89.99– That’s $10 less than last year’s Black Friday deal
- 40% off Kindle Unlimited membership
Alright. Those are my thoughts!
Are you planning on participating in Prime Day this year? Have you found great deals previously?
Disclosure: The Feds want my readers to know ….. some of the links are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I earn a small commission if you click through and purchase.